May 20, 2016.
FDA has finalized its rules for the new Nutrition Facts Label. Highlights of the new rules :--
- Axxya Systems has incorporated the new design in our Food Labeling Applications. Please see our product catalog below for pricing and options for Labeling.
- If you require the older label designs we do offer an option for you as well. Please contact us and we will be able to help you.
- FDA will require Manufacturers to incorporate the use of the new label by Jan 1 2020.
- However, manufacturers with less than $10 million in annual food sales will have an additional year to comply.
Features a Refreshed Design
- The New Nutrition Label has a different design and it highlights servings per container, calories, and serving size.
- New footnote to explain clearly to the consumer what the DV stands for and how to apply that in their daily lives.
- Unit values like g or mg must be shown for vitamins and minerals in addition to the DV %.
- The biggest change to the label is the addition of Added Sugars.
- Vitamin D and Potassium shown in both unit and DV% are new nutrients that need to be shown on the label. The Vitamin A and C are now dropped from the label.
- Calories from Fat also also no longer needed on the label.
Updated Serving Sizes
- How much people eat and drink has changed since the previous serving size requirements were published in 1993. Package size affects what people eat. So for packages that are between one and two servings, such as a 20 ounce soda or a 15-ounce can of soup, the calories and other nutrients will be required to be labeled as one serving because people typically consume it in one sitting.
- Dual Column Label for whole package --- For certain products that are larger than a single serving but that could be consumed in one sitting or multiple sittings, manufacturers will have to provide “dual column” labels to indicate the amount of calories and nutrients on both a “per serving” and “per package”/“per unit” basis.
Importers -- Food coming into the US
- Yes, foods imported to the United States will need to meet the final requirements.
Axxya Systems, as leading provider of Nutrient Food Label applications globally, is excited to incorporate the new labeling guidelines released by the FDA. We offer the new label designs in our applications both CD or Online options are available for the new US labels.
- Our Active Customers have already received an update. If you have not received the update link or have misplaced it please contact our support team and we will be happy to help you. Please remember to provide your company name and main contact person when creating a ticket. You can create a ticket here.
- Prior or older clients are able to reactivate their accounts please contact our sales team to discuss your account details.
- If you are a new customer please click on these links to make your selection and see pricing for the options we offer -- CD option or Online Option (English Only), (English/Spanish), (English/French). These pages offer label samples, trial/demo options and pricing.
- If you require the older US label designs we do offer an option as well. Please contact our sales team and we can discuss your needs further
We offer many ways to contact us. You can chat, call or email us we look forward to connecting with you.
- To see a complete list of our products click here