· Nutritionist Pro CD Version has 2 different installation options – Standalone (single user) or Network (multi – user)
o Nutritionist Pro's Stand Alone version -- you can install each license on one computer. This license will have its own database and will not be connected with other Nutritionist Pro Stand Alone licenses at your office or facility. This is a great option for smaller companies, companies looking for a simple set up, universities setting up computer labs where each database resides on its own machine where there are no shared databases, etc.
o Nutritionist Pro's Network version -- you can install Nutritionist Pro on client workstations and all are connected to one central database. The number of simultaneous users you can have will depend on the number of licenses you have purchased. Your Nutritionist Pro database will be a shared database and anyone who has access to the program will be able to view the data, make changes or add to it. This is a great option for companies where more than 1 person will be involved with using the software.
Basic setup of Nutritionist Pro Network Version
1. Hardware requirements
- Network install is a 2 part installation. You will require a minimum of 2 machines one for the server install and the other for the client. Additional client installs can be installed based on the organizations need.
- The server houses the database and the client workstation connects to the server to access the application.
- This runs on a windows environment the details about the requirements can be found here System req for Network Version
2. Connecting and Communication between client and server
- Access and authentication -- The program uses TCP and UDP protocols to communicate between client and server. The client and server authenticate using a db password that allows the client to connect to the db (which resides on the server). The database manages # of concurrent licenses and allows the clients to connect as needed.
- The communication is basic Winsock
- The network version uses Sybase database (based on SQL) and all the needed engines and components are installed via our one exe. Some ports will need to be opened for communication through your firewall etc and those port #s can be provided if needed.
- The basic size is about 350MB and the user adds data so that can go up as needed to accommodate the users data.
o If you would like to migrate and move to the network version you have the option to do that. Just contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can assist you with that.